Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Moo Moo

  Wow! Today is Marley's birthday. And she is 16 years old! It doesn't seem possible that I've had that little old stinky furball for 16 years...but I have!
  She was only 8 weeks old when Todd and I were coming back to Austin after spending Thanksgiving at Nonie and Dad's. On the way home a  lady pulled out in front of us and we hit her going 75 mph. Marley ended up on the floorboard by the gas peddle. The truck was totaled. Amazingly none of us were seriously hurt, not even Marley.
  She has always been a comical dog. She would run away any time the door was open. I've had to chase her many times, usually for several blocks. To her it was a game of catch! And she has always been a food thief. You could never leave a sandwich (Todd) or a donut (Blake) or ANYTHING where she could reach it. She just assumed if she could reach it, it was HERS!
  In her golden years she has slowed down quite a bit. She never runs away. She can barely walk two houses down the sidewalk before her legs quit working. And she doesn't steal food anymore. I think she would if she could, but it's just too hard nowadays. She can't see or hear very well. She smells like a dead thing. She spends the majority of her time sleeping. She wakes up to poop (on the deck or the floor or on the couch or my bed), she wakes up to eat, and she will sometimes wake up to watch TV.
  She has always been a true friend and a joy to me.She is more than a dog. She is my fur baby! And I love her! Happy Birthday, Marley Moo Moo!!




No comments:

Post a Comment