Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cross Country

  My drama queen  ~  is there anything this kid won't try?
  I love the fact that she is willing to try new things, get involved in new activities, and meet new people. I always tell her that while there is usually a little (or a lot) of nervousness in new situations, those feelings are normal and will pass as confidence is gained.
  This year her confidence has soared with her newfound skills in cheerleading. Now she is trying something new  -  Cross Country Running. Cross Country is two times a week. Monday and Wednesday. They have to be at the school ready to run at 7:00 and they run until 7:45 or so. I love the fact that Cayman can do it, but I do worry that she will lose weight. I told her that if she drops below 60 lbs that she would have to drop out. She is at 61 lbs now, and in my opinion is too thin.
  So today was Day 2. And apparently it is super fun! The first day was fun, too...but it was also a little scary because Cayman was the only 6th grade girl there. And afterwards, she was too nervous to go into the locker room and change into her regular school clothes because there were 7th and 8th grade girls in there. Today she was able to do it though, and discovered it wasn't so bad after all.
  We decided yesterday that it might help if she had the proper gear. So off to Academy we went. We got running shorts, a couple of Nike t-shirts, and some pink Nike Flex running shoes. Apparently you run better if you wear Nike gear? That's what I was told, anyway :)  Maybe I should buy some for myself...see if it works for fat middle-aged moms!
  I'll try to add a picture of my speed demon drama queen next week when she goes again. I forgot to take any this week :(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment