Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanks A Lot, Cleo



As some of you know, we adopted a stray kitten a couple of weeks ago. Being a responsible pet owner, I took it to the vet to get it it's shots and to make sure it didn't have any diseases or worms or other gross things it could pass along to our other pets (or us). The vet (who is brand new to us  -  first time to go to this particular place) said that the kitten looked like it had at some point had ringworm, but it was clearing up. I asked if we needed to treat it and he assured me that there was no active ringworm. Above is a picture of the kitten (Cleo) with a SUPPOSED case of non-contagious, clearing up ringworm. Notice the red scratches on it's face? That's ringworm.

And here are some photos of my lovely daughter with ringworm on her chest and nose....that's right, RINGWORM! From the supposed non-contagious cat. Yes, I had to take her to the doctor, pay the copay, and then pay for an RX. Am I pissed? You bet. As a matter of fact, I've already called the vet and got a free RX for the cat, and I'm going to submit Cayman's doctor bills to them as well.
Thanks a lot, Cleo!



No comments:

Post a Comment